Any idea how soon we can expect a 10.3.1 or later JB ?

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
3,023
107
I want to use my Apple Watch but it won't pair w my 6S running 10.2. Is there any way around this, either to downgrade my watch OS or to get them to pair otherwise? I'd imagine lots of ppl are having this same issue.
 

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
488
26
Sit tight as is looks like Pangu may have a 10.3.1 jailbreak
Folks keep an eye on jailbreaking news sites of your choice, sit tight right now if you are on anything under 10.3.1 until confirmed / no need to jump to 10.3.1 just yet since apple is still signing it

A lower firmware in most cases is always better until proven wrong with a JB release
At this point word is this is only for 64bit devices and only 10.3/10.3.1
NO CLEAR CONFIRMED FACTS just yet, allot of internet chatter thats about all

And if you are already jailbroken, good idea to save those 10.3.1 SHSH2 hashes now
https://tsssaver.1conan.com

Always a good idea to save them even if not jailbroken, never know if/when they will be useful
 
Last edited:

FLYING SE7EN

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
174
61
Charlotte, NC
Site just must've been getting hammered. Got on and saved mine. Quick question. After unzipping, the folders nest down to one called "noapnonce" and there is a single SHSH2 file inside. Is that all there should be, or should there be apnonce folders with other SHSH2 files in them? The reason I'm asking is because there is a tutorial on idownloadblog that says:

10) Check your ~/Downloads folder for the .zip file, and double-click to unzip it. Inside should be sub-folders for each iOS version, with further sub-folders for each of the five nonces and no nonce. Inside each one of these should be an .shsh2 file.
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/12/20/save-shsh2-blobs-online-tsssaver/
EDIT:
After reading some of the comments on that page it seems that this is normal behavior now so I guess I'm good...
 

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
3,023
107
Sit tight as is looks like Pangu may have a 10.3.1 jailbreak
Folks keep an eye on jailbreaking news sites of your choice, sit tight right now if you are on anything under 10.3.1 until confirmed / no need to jump to 10.3.1 just yet since apple is still signing it

A lower firmware in most cases is always better until proven wrong with a JB release
At this point word is this is only for 64bit devices and only 10.3/10.3.1
NO CLEAR CONFIRMED FACTS just yet, allot of internet chatter thats about all

And if you are already jailbroken, good idea to save those 10.3.1 SHSH2 hashes now
https://tsssaver.1conan.com

Always a good idea to save them even if not jailbroken, never know if/when they will be useful
That's awesome! I still have a jailbroken 6 on 8.2, should I upgrade my JB 6S running 10.2 to 10.3.1 just to get be safe and lock it in with that and then just sit on it and use my 6 in the meantime? Only concern is my 6S is 128 GB, will it not work?
 

NougatDude

Suspended
Dec 5, 2016
63
7
That's awesome! I still have a jailbroken 6 on 8.2, should I upgrade my JB 6S running 10.2 to 10.3.1 just to get be safe and lock it in with that and then just sit on it and use my 6 in the meantime? Only concern is my 6S is 128 GB, will it not work?
I would just sit tight and wait for a actual release and proven stability.
 

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
488
26
Agreed, Sit tight and take the time to check for changes in status daily.
Since Apple just seeded iOS 10.3.2 beta 4 It may not be that long before we see an official iOS update from Apple
At that time the 10.3.1 signing window towards closing it starts and its anyones guess for how long.
Maybe if the exploit being used by Pangu does not get patched with 10.3.2 there would be no hurry.

Maybe Pangu has nothing at all, I mean this site does use Rumors in the title ;)

I would just sit tight and wait for a actual release and proven stability.
 

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
3,023
107
I would just sit tight and wait for a actual release and proven stability.
So you wouldn't upgrade to 10.3.1 so that I'm locked in for the next jailbreak? I have a backup JB phone, and who knows when they'll stop signing 10.3.1.
 

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
488
26
Apple can't stop signing 10.3.1. until 10.3.2 lands, then it could be minutes or days before the signing window closes. Go ahead and be ready by downloading the correct ipsw to be the rush on the servers
Keep an eye on this site: https://ipsw.me
 

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
3,023
107
Apple can't stop signing 10.3.1. until 10.3.2 lands, then it could be minutes or days before the signing window closes. Go ahead and be ready by downloading the correct ipsw to be the rush on the servers
Keep an eye on this site: https://ipsw.me
Ipsw?
 

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
3,023
107
That is the iOS firmware that you would use to update to 10.3.1
Its best to backup within iTunes first then use iTunes to update, old days it was not advised to update via ota.
I still follow this practice
So any reason I shouldn't just go ahead and update to 10.3.1? That would lock me in for Pangu and I still have my JB 6 in the meantime
 

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
488
26
yes because lower firmware is normally better when speaking of JB & thus far this is nothing more than internet chatter RUMORS ;) Do what you please, whatever you do, make sure it don't update to 10.3.2 on its own if pushed by apple

I have an iPad 2 JB on iOS 7.xx a few iPad 3's on 8.xx and a iPad air 2 on 9.3.3 we still have two iPad 1st Gen Airs on 10.2.1 & one 12.9" pro also on 10.2.1 just waiting to see what happens. A jailbroken device is more useful then being stuck non-jailbroken due to a false rumor that fails to become reality imo
 

Justinb51

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
349
5
Indianapolis, IN
That is the iOS firmware that you would use to update to 10.3.1
Its best to backup within iTunes first then use iTunes to update, old days it was not advised to update via ota.
I still follow this practice
Refresh my memory please, been out of the jailbreak scene for a while. Last time I upgraded firmware I did so OTA.
What's the best way to reinstall iOS 10.3.1 with iTunes so that I don't lose anything?
(Meaning backup, restore as new or from backup? iCloud backup or iTunes? DFU restore?)
 

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
3,023
107
yes because lower firmware is normally better when speaking of JB & thus far this is nothing more than internet chatter RUMORS ;) Do what you please, whatever you do, make sure it don't update to 10.3.2 on its own if pushed by apple

I have an iPad 2 JB on iOS 7.xx a few iPad 3's on 8.xx and a iPad air 2 on 9.3.3 we still have two iPad 1st Gen Airs on 10.2.1 & one 12.9" pro also on 10.2.1 just waiting to see what happens. A jailbroken device is more useful then being stuck non-jailbroken due to a false rumor that fails to become reality imo
I know but I have a second phone that is JB
[doublepost=1493207492][/doublepost]
eta is 1 week.
Will it work w the 7?
[doublepost=1493208382][/doublepost]
Agreed, Sit tight and take the time to check for changes in status daily.
Since Apple just seeded iOS 10.3.2 beta 4 It may not be that long before we see an official iOS update from Apple
At that time the 10.3.1 signing window towards closing it starts and its anyones guess for how long.
Maybe if the exploit being used by Pangu does not get patched with 10.3.2 there would be no hurry.

Maybe Pangu has nothing at all, I mean this site does use Rumors in the title ;)
That's my point, if they could update to 10.3.2 in an instant shouldn't I secure a device w 3.1?
 

iF34R

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2011
1,061
285
South Carolina
I know but I have a second phone that is JB
[doublepost=1493207492][/doublepost]
Will it work w the 7?
[doublepost=1493208382][/doublepost]
That's my point, if they could update to 10.3.2 in an instant shouldn't I secure a device w 3.1?
It was shown on the iPhone 7, so I am saying "Yes".
Historically, the signing window is around 7 days. I don't remember them ever instantly removing the previous firmware.
 

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
3,023
107
It was shown on the iPhone 7, so I am saying "Yes".
Historically, the signing window is around 7 days. I don't remember them ever instantly removing the previous firmware.
Cool, thanks. And is it most likely only going to work on 64 GB devices? If so, why?
 

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
488
26
[doublepost=1493208382][/doublepost]
That's my point, if they could update to 10.3.2 in an instant shouldn't I secure a device w 3.1?[/QUOTE]

Point is right now, the JB is not out, 10.3.2 official is also not out, what if Apple decides to line the pockets of those not to release it? what if it never gets released, what if there is a major flaw with it? A jailbroken device even if on older version of iOS is better than none at all imo. Its best to sit tight and let things play out a few more days keeping a close eye on breaking status changes.
Since your other is also jailbroken, save the SHSH2 blobs, they are much more helpful for those that are jailbroken
 
Last edited:

FLYING SE7EN

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
174
61
Charlotte, NC
So I've been reading up on how to restore using saved blobs, and everything I've read indicates that it can't be done on an iPhone 7Plus. Is this actually true? I can't find a source for reliable, current info on the prometheus tool.....
 

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
488
26

FLYING SE7EN

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
174
61
Charlotte, NC
Last time that thread was updated was in January. Same for the blog. A lot can happen in 4 months.... Looks like 7 plus can use the tool, but I don't have a Mac, but will have access to one in two weeks.... Too bad there isn't a windows version of the tool...