any idea on Japan softbank restocking times?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oftheheavens, Jul 14, 2008.

1. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

anyone in Japan have any ideas on when the softbanks out here are going to get some more iphones? i am in Iwakuni, in Yamaguchi, and the two softbanks here have been sold out the whole time since friday, without receiving any more. anyone here have any ideas?

2. Sphere777 macrumors newbie

According to what I've read, the size and frequency of shipments to the SBs varies wildly depending on the store. Even in the Tokyo area, smaller stores are only getting 10 or so at a time. When/if the shipments arrive is anyone's guess.

Also, there are rumors that smaller stores outside of metropolitan areas wont be getting anything until late August. You might want to try a bigger electronics shop that carries the iphone (Bic Camera) if there are any in your area.

Your best bet is to find a store out in the middle of the nowhere. If it's in an area with limited demand, you might get lucky. Otherwise, you're probably looking at a hefty wait.

3. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

I FOUND ONE!!!! Yamada dinki had some! i found out that they have had the same stock since friday and i was just looking in the SB stores...:mad:

Well i did get a 8gb, which isnt what i wanted, i wanted a 16g white one. but i figured that my 1st gen iphone was only like half full so i may not even need all that room. But i asked if when they got more, which they said would be in August, if i could exchange it for a 16gb and she said maybe. so im happy for now!