Any Idea on What This Part Is? iPhone 2G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pellets007, Oct 28, 2011.

1. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

I was dismantling an iPhone 2G when this little bugger dropped out of the bottom portion of the phone. Seemed like it came from the antenna covering, as I do not believe that I had the rear casing off yet. It's a hard plastic, looks like it's an actual part and not something that just broke off.

If it helps any, my home button has not worked since it broke off. On that same note, which cable ribbon is responsible for the home button?

Sorry for the terrible picture - courtesy of the iPhone 4S.
    [​IMG]

It's sort of shaped like an 'L'

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

It looks like a vibration button.

3. toiday macrumors regular

I don't know but if you search for "iphone 2g take apart", you may be able to id it.

4. pellets007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pellets007

That's immediately what I thought, but the vibration button is still intact.

5. pellets007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Update. The home button stopped working because the date was rolled back to 2000. Must have been when the battery was disconnected from the logic board. It functions now that the year is set to 2011.

Confirming my suspicions of it falling from under the antenna, the speakers no longer work. :(