Any idea what this is?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AL2TEACH, Aug 3, 2011.

1. AL2TEACH macrumors 6502

I got rid of some trash, machine went to sleep, and when I got back to it this was on my screen. During the course of the day it came up twice again. Any idea what it is? :eek:
    thanks.

Attached Files:

2. benjaminaho macrumors member

benjaminaho

Either it needs verification to throw something away (why Yahoo!? I don't know,) you need to update a keychain (for Mail or Keychain Access,) or for even possibly iTunes, App Store, Apple.com, or Me.com (MobileMe.) These are just some random ideas, but I have three questions: do you have Yahoo! Mail or any other Yahoo service, what applications were you running at the time, and when you clicked on the window what application showed up on your menubar (I suppose Finder.)

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

I am very suspicious of that image..it does not look like any Yahoo login I have seen.

Are you sure it is coming from yahoo.com and not something close to "yahoo.com"???

4. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

This^^

Any possibility this is malware? :eek:

5. AL2TEACH, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011

AL2TEACH thread starter macrumors 6502

ben, I do have yahoo mail and messenger but no apps were running when it appeared and it would show at random and each time I cancelled it. Afer it appeared, I changed my password for yahoo. And everything was updated except for the App store but is now.
    old-wiz, I will ask yahoo what the image is next because that was my first thought.
    thanks and will let everyone know what yahoo has to say about it.
    lol just as I was ready to log off the message popped up, damn, lol.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

The only time I've seen yahoo ask for a password is when you first connect. After that, they should have already validated your id and there's no need to ask for it again.

7. AL2TEACH thread starter macrumors 6502

after looking at my logs when it appeared, I seen it was yahoo synch and it seems to be a pain. just have to find out how to get it stop.

8. psxguru macrumors 6502a

Are you syncing your address book to Yahoo?

If so, open address book, go to preferences and then accounts and uncheck yahoo?

9. AL2TEACH thread starter macrumors 6502

I had that box unchecked but I checked it, synched, and unchecked again and so far the box hasn't appeared again. whew.
    thanks to all :D