Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Learjet035

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
S. Floriduh
Wanna pick up a 20" but since I'm waiting for the matching photoshop to come out, how long till gen. 2 comes out? 1st of the year, what's the history? Thanks

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Learjet035 said:
Wanna pick up a 20" but since I'm waiting for the matching photoshop to come out, how long till gen. 2 comes out? 1st of the year, what's the history? Thanks

I'd say they'll keep the current spec for a full year, expect to see an update in January...Probably a new design but I can't imagine it to be too much more powerful,

ShadoW

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2003
UK
shadowmoses said:
I'd say they'll keep the current spec for a full year, expect to see an update in January...Probably a new design but I can't imagine it to be too much more powerful,

ShadoW

A year? Are you serious? ... the new Macbooks have the same processors as the iMac right now. Maybe at the WWDC in August or hopefuly sooner.

kevin.rivers

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2005
MacSA said:
A year? Are you serious? ... the new Macbooks have the same processors as the iMac right now. Maybe at the WWDC in August or hopefuly sooner.

I am holding on to the idea of being able to stick a Merom in the current iMacs. I have heard this is possible. This is why I am purchasing. Because at most the CPU's will me upgraded.

slackersonly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
i dont mean this as rude as it sounds
but this is gotta be top 5 most asked question
i think it would be preferable to ask for updates on one of the older big threads than to create a new one of these each week.

<off soapbox>
noone could get macbook launch date right so dont believe anything on imac updates. i would think mac pro and os update have slight upgrade lead on any imac update.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
shadowmoses said:

ShadoW

a full year when merom will be available at the end of the summer? I think not. imacs have never gone a year without an update; why would they start taking that long now that they use more rapidly updated intel chips? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.