Any idea when pre-oreders will actually ship?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by walbridge20, Sep 12, 2014.

1. walbridge20 macrumors newbie

walbridge20

I pre-ordered from Verizon and picked overnight delivery but I am wondering if the phones are supposed to actually ship on or before the 19th? If they ship on the 19th, then I'm SOL as the phone wont get here until Monday. If this is the case, I want to look into changing my shipping to FedEx Saturday delivery.

I have also heard reports that the phones will ship prior to that and actually be delivered on the 19th. Does anyone know what the actual case is?

2. rawlus macrumors 6502

I've already recd ship notification on one of the two I ordered via AT&T... Delivery will be held until release day however.

3. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

When the iPhone 4 came out my DH decided to pre-order his and actually got it the day before. I would imagine we will see shipping notifications early on in the week.

4. walbridge20 thread starter macrumors newbie

walbridge20

I am hoping that is the case. The (very unintelligent) verizon rep told me that they would start shipping early next week (mon or tues) so I asked him about expedited delivery and he said that yes I could in fact receive the phone early so I chose what I thought was the best option-FedEx overnight delivery by 10:30 am because the next option down was Saturday delivery by 2:00 pm for more money.

Not that the money was an issue (difference of 5 dollars for Sat delivery) but I just wanted it ASAP. I am hoping that they do in fact ship early next week (why wouldn't they? as they have to ship to stores also, so clearly the phones are ready) and then I could actually have my phone early. Although with all the difficulties I wouldn't be surprised if all our pre-orders ship 9/19 and we dont get the damn things until early the next week regardless of shipping options, but I hope I am wrong.