Any idea when the next RMBP revision?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Malus Deus, Jul 25, 2012.

  1. Malus Deus macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2011
    Location:
    Pennsylvania
    #1
    I know the Retina Macbook Pro just came out, but I'm going to wait till the next update to buy one. Any ideas when the next revision will be?

    I was thinking and hoping in January.

    Thanks
     
  2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

    basesloaded190

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2007
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    #2
    Possibly the beginning of 2013, but more likely the Spring of 2013
     
  3. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    May 30, 2009
    #3
    Doubtful there will be an update until Haswell is out. Haswell is currently slated for March-ish. I'd guess around then.
     
  4. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

    NutsNGum

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2010
    Location:
    Glasgow, Scotland
    #4
    Why are you waiting, precisely?

    There won't be a new model for ages. Haswell has to be released first, and with the delay to Ivy Bridge, chances are we won't see the 2nd gen Retina MacBook Pro until next autumn.

    Edit: Didn't catch above comment.
     
  5. spike29 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2011
    #5
    It would most likely be 1~2 months after haswell is released.
    http://lensfire.blogspot.ca/2012/07/22nm-intel-haswell-processor-release.html
    from the site above, eta is april (similar to ivy bridge) so if all goes well, 'refreshed' (r)MBP will probably be ~June ish 2013
     
  6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

    Interstella5555

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2008
    #6
    This was a pretty major update to the pro line, I doubt if you'll see anything for at least a year beyond minor, minor tweaks.
     
  7. Malus Deus thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2011
    Location:
    Pennsylvania
    #7
    I have a 2008 MBP which is still running just fine, so I'm not in a big rush to get a new one. Just was looking for a time frame for Apple's next update.

    I also need time to save up for one. 3 grand is good chunk of change. ;)
     
  8. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

    NutsNGum

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2010
    Location:
    Glasgow, Scotland
    #8
    Very true.

    I've found myself not being that bothered about it, surprisingly. After the initial hype wore off, I realised I was quite content with the 17" and an SSD. That and I'm a super cheapo.
     
  9. macbook123 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2006
    #9
    I'm pretty sure they will bump the 2.6/512 version to 16 GB of RAM default within 2 months.
     
  10. Fortimir macrumors 6502a

    Fortimir

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2007
    Location:
    Indianapolis, IN
    #10
    Those are both extremely optimistic predictions, and I'd bet large sums of money it will be much later than either of them. I'd say Autumn 2013.
     

Share This Page