Any idea why Leopard's Security Updates make the animations smoother?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by writeous, Apr 4, 2008.

1. writeous macrumors regular

It seems that every now and then when I boot into leopard, the stack opening and closing, minimizing, spaces, and dashboard animations are all choppy. I noticed that my graphics were quicker before hand when I installed a security update in the past, so I dl'ed the most recent one and installed it again, and everything was moving quicker than ever before animation wise. This is not something Im imagining, as its happened numerous times (slow downs), me curing them with installing the security update. Any reason to why this occurrence is happening, because if its just as simple as the boot cache being cleared or something of that nature, i'll just use onyx instead of installing the update all the time.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I suspect that the cause is a corrupt cache - not necessarily the boot cache, but definitely a cache of some sort.

3. Amdahl macrumors 65816

It is very possible that it has something to do with cache. There is a bug in 10.5.2 regarding all caches. Just go look how many of your caches haven't been touched since the day you installed 10.5.2. Hopefully it will be fixed in 10.5.3.