Any Idea Why my Time Machine Locks up?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by WizardHunt, Jun 10, 2008.

1. WizardHunt macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

Hi Everyone,
    I am running Leopard 10.5.3 and I used time machine in the past and it has worked great. Now when I attempted to access the time machine, it goes into the time machine fine but does not respond to any mouse clicks, (mouse still moves and is not locked up) I thought it was a just a glitch so I repartitioned my time machine drive and did the backup process over again. This time when I tried to access the time machine, it goes into the time machine but when I try to go back into time or even to get out of it by hitting cancel . No response. :( It is like my mac is locked up but the mouse still moves just does not do anything when I click on anything in time machine. Any ideas?

2. dazed macrumors 6502a

Do you have intego virusbarrier ?

My time machine wouldn't work with X5 until I added the time machine drive to its trusted zone.

3. WizardHunt thread starter macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

I use to run that, but I removed it with Zap it.

4. WizardHunt thread starter macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

You know I looked into this more closely and I seemed to forgot to remove Netupdate which is something to do with that Virus Program X5. So I removed it as well just now and it seemed to free up my Time Machine. Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.