Any idea why my usage is always so high?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kyemaloy, Jul 6, 2015.

1. kyemaloy macrumors member

I never use the workout app and I dont have the Heartbeat glance enabled but constantly I'm seeing around 4 to 5 hours of usage, but there is no way on Earth I'm using it that much.

One day I was at work from 9am to 4pm, and only had the watch on from 8:30am till 8pm and it was showing around 5 hours of usage, way too much considering I hardly use it at work.

I have a suspicion I may have a faulty battery, no way on Earth would mine ever last over a day (I have the 38mm) and with a workout on, I can go down 15% in about 20 minutes.

Is anyone else having this sort of battery life? Ive had it since day 1 and its always been like this :/

2. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

That seems very odd and possibly faulty... however, I would suspect a poorly written app first and remove all 3rd Party App's and then shut the watch off and then on, charge to 100% and see how it behaves the rest of the day.

3. papbot macrumors 6502

You also may have some process stuck running. Doing that complete shut down/reboot using both buttons should kill anything like that. Also on the phone that watch app can run the bluetooth on the watch enough to run the battery down. Shutting that app down completely and not launching it so often may help.

4. kyemaloy thread starter macrumors member

I hardly have any third party apps on my Watch, because of the terrible battery life I never tend to do anything on it aside from lift it, check the time then drop my wrist again

5. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

I would try one more thing then before returning:

Turn the watch completely off and then turn back on - reboot your iPhone as well. Then unpair and pair again and see if that helps. If not, you will have all the work done that Apple will ask you to do before returning.

Seeing all the usage you are getting makes me think you have a runaway app or constant communication with the iphone and that is why it is best to shut off everything and repair.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I would remove ANY third party apps. Showing 5 hours of usage does not mean your battery is bad, it means something is running in the background.

7. Beards macrumors 6502

Beards

What version of iOS are you running and do you use Apple Music at all?

8. kyemaloy thread starter macrumors member

I was using WatchOS 1.0.1 and iOS 8.4, but have recently switched to iOS 9 beta 2 and WatchOS 2 beta 2, this thread was about the battery before hand though as my beta battery life is like, non existent haha