Any ideas around update eligibility?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmelrose, Oct 10, 2011.

1. jmelrose macrumors regular

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to improve my update eligibility. I am one of two members of the family in a Family Talk plan (ATT) and the primary is eligible for an upgrade but mine isn't. The primary updated his phone in Sept '10 and I upgraded mine in June '10. So despite my upgrade being 3 months earlier, he is able to upgrade his already but I have to wait until Feb. He doesn't want to let me use his upgrade in case, by doing so, he screws his upgrade eligibility for the iPhone 5.

I've already called ATT and suggested that if both of us wait until the iPhone Next(5) to upgrade, it means our contract is up and we are free agents. They were unswayed.

If anyone has any ideas on how to bump up my eligibility from Feb, I'd love to hear. I'm trying to find co-workers who never upgrade their phones to see if they will let me use theirs. My parents usually let me but they finally moved to iPhone 4 in January.... Dad was on 2G or whatever the first mass-market digital units ran on. It was prompted by ATT telling him to move it (upgrade) or lose his service!

2. irDigital0l Guest

Well for me...I preordered my Verizon iPhone 4 back in Feb 2011 and they're allowing me to upgrade early in Oct 2012. (2 year contract would be Feb 2013).

Sometimes you get lucky.