Any ideas before I throw it in the trash?

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
My beloved Canon i960 has died.

I think.

A couple of weeks ago, it started to have communication problems with my G5, and then wouldn't print at all. I reinstalled new drivers, tried to print, restarted, reset the printer, and nada...nothing.

So I hooked it up to my iBook...same thing - nothing.

I was like - GREAT - it's the USB cable.

Bought a new USB cable - nada - nothing - either machine.

It's a month out of warranty, but I guess it gives me a great excuse to get the i9900 unless someone has a brilliant idea that I haven't tried yet...

Thanks in advance,

Gary

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I guess this means I'm getting the i9900?

I so wanted (and need for my back) to Buy a Herman Miller Aeron chair this month.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
grapes911 said:
Go "office space" on it first. Other than that, sorry it's probably time to get a new one. You're not having the best of luck lately, are you? :(
Well I LOVE this printer. Just can't think of anything else I can do. I paid 199.00 for it new a year ago. Maybe I'll get one of the equivalent Pixma's - hopefully they use the same cartridges, becaue I have a new full set in the printer and a full backup set. That's one reason I am attracted to the i9900 - uses the same cartridges.

We have a PC laptop in the house (much to my protest), perhaps I should try that.

MacHarne

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2005
Virginia, U.S.A.
iGary said:
I so wanted (and need for my back) to Buy a Herman Miller Aeron chair this month.
Looks like the i9900 is less than half the price of the Aeron, at least a medium size with aluminum trim. I dunno... if you need that Aeron, I might shoot for that; having a comfortable and responsive desk chair that could see many hours of daily use is utmost important, especially considering your surgery and whatnot.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Get the chair above all things IMO. Health is more important than a printer ;)

Maybe buy both, yeah, it'll take a bite out of the credit card, but hell, you need it, so buy them both [your decision] ;)

Prelude2Tragedy

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2005
New Jersey
The pixma's do use the same ink. The ip5000 would probly exceed the quality of the i960. They are great printers as I had bought the ip5000 the week it came out and just got a ip4000 with my new ibook. Im sure youll be happy with whichever you decide on.