Any ideas for iTunes 10?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RyFrizzle, Apr 12, 2010.

1. RyFrizzle macrumors newbie

Idk about you guys but I think iTunes 10 will be a big deal, probably because the 2 digit # :)
    What new features or look do you guys think iTunes 10 will have? Or not have?

2. Renese-Williams macrumors member

Renese-Williams

3. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

I would like a totally new interface with everything in black :D

i am pretty happy with the current one...can't think of any new feature that should be added...

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Please make it faster. Please. Please. Especially during synching (I don't need the synching itself to be faster, but I'm sick of the entire UI freezing up for several seconds at a time).

Yes. This too.

5. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Backup to hard drive feature. I would love to plug in a 2TB external and for iTunes to backup only files that have changed since the last backup.

More control over the on-the-fly conversion to AAC that is done when syncing to iPods/iPhones/iPods. I don't want EVERYTHING above 128kpbs to be converted, just my Lossless files.

6. TSE macrumors 68030

Built in Youtube functionality where you can import videos seamlessly onto your iPod/iPhone/iPad???

I really don't know... one thing about iTunes is that it is quite bloated nowadays with so many new features, especially on the Windows side. They should focus more on slimming it down and getting rid of the waste, then adding more features.

7. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Cocoa rewrite? And use QTKit for playback instead of QuickTime 7. Also would like “AirTunes for Video” (like Windows 7’s ‘Play-to’ in WMP) and wireless syncing/streaming to iPad, iPhone and iPod touch

I can dream, right? :D

8. bdavis89 macrumors regular

cut off the fat!

They really need to slim it down a bit, make it simpler, and quicker. Its slow to open, slow to use, and slow in just about every area...its too freaking fat

9. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

Not expecting anything huge feature wise. A 64 bit cocoa rewrite balanced out with a bit more bloat.

10. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

iTunes X would sound pretty beast...and 64 bit would be nice :)

11. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Quicker, playlist folders, offline representation of paired devices (like the iPhone)....

The interface is looking clumsy. Could do with a change.

12. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

13. zorro23 macrumors newbie

- Option for crossfade play on next song click
    - Built in audio volume normalizer plug-in (Apple should buy old plug-in called "Volume Logic" and make it part of iTunes)

14. Renese-Williams macrumors member

Renese-Williams

iTunes X sounds great. :D

15. peteullo macrumors regular

Backing up to a hard drive would be real nice.

Maybe even some DVD support. It would be nice to be able to rip DVD's just like CD's onto the hard drive.

16. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

I agree. It's a feature RealPlayer has had for about five years. :(

17. Beajai macrumors newbie

• I'd like to see audio from music videos streamed to airtunes - most of my music is music videos, and I can't get it to play through my outdoor speakers (normal audio does).
    • Be able to take music off an ipod into iTunes - when friends come over its nice to be able to share our latest music.
    • Not need to sync an ipod to be able to add music - I don't want to delete what is on my ipod to be able to add a song or two from a friends computer
    • an easily visible list of the filepath of each song, often I have multiple copies and I need to make sure I am deleting the right one
    • keep it white - I like that
    • the ability to add more used defined options in the top section (ie music, podcast etc. I'd like to be able to separate my stuff into more categories, and choose what to call them myself
    • a 'clean up' function that will relabel and reorganise music.
    • the ability to burn a disc from an ipod
    • make a better interaction between garage band and itunes
    Just a few of my ideas

18. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Backup to Bluray disk. I'm sick of buying DVDs.

19. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

Otherwise known as stealing.

20. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

• Ability to define a path for different types of media. i.e. Music in the local Music folder, Movies on an external HDD
    • 64bit Cocoa re-write. Apple makes such a fuss about developers dragging their feet in writing their apps in Cocoa but Apple themselves haven't done so with their most used app.
    • Cloud streaming. Upload your music to your MobileMe account and play it on your iPhone or iPad remotely.
    • Social integration. Allow you to see what's popular with your friends.
    • Interface redesign. Simplify the look, taking cues from the iPad app.

[​IMG]

21. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Don't think the record companies will allow any of those, and if Apple even dared to suggest it to them, would insist on the re-introduction of DRM.

22. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Use a portable hard drive and just copy your /Users/~/Music/iTunes and /Users/~/Music/Amazon MP3 etc over.

23. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

• Cocoa re-write compiled as PPC/32 bit Intel/64 bit Intel Universal Binary (until OS X 10.5 is no longer supported, then drop the PPC)
    • Move store functions more into the cloud and use webkit engine from Safari for it.
    • Licence WMA codec from MS to allow conversion from WMA to AAC (same as iTunes for Windows)
    • Remove visualisations
    • Support Airtunes to iPad/iPod Touch/iPhones over Wi-Fi
    • Spotify style music streaming (they bought Lala so they have the technology)

24. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro