Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paper&Plastic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
So I've decided to hold out to get one of the new 24" 2.66 iMacs once they hit the refurb store. However, I keep wondering what Apple's policy will be with the new keyboards. I've often seen posters here saying that they got more than what was advertised on the refurb posting, but the option to have a keyboard with a numeric keypad or without is a bit of a new animal to the refurbished section right? I know I've seen similar setups with different graphics cards or different RAM allotments–will the keyboard be treated the same way? Currently the keyboards are listed deeply in the details of the post since they are all the same specs. Anybody seen anything like this before in the refurbished section or have any thoughts on this? I really am badly in need of a new machine, and after much deliberation finally decided to hold out for this deal and now I just keep thinking about finally getting my new iMac in the mail only to find out I got a keyboard with an arm lopped off... Man, that would suck. Any chance you think they'd exchange it after the purchase if it turned out to be one of the shorty's?

As an aside–anyone know how long newer releases typically take to hit the refurb store? I asked a "genius" a couple of weeks ago and he said that they saw several of the last round of laptops there about a month after the first ones shipped–anybody know if this is true? If I'm going to be waiting a long time, then I might just have to make myself hold out a little longer for Snow Leopard.

Paper&Plastic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
is this true? have some been through already, or are you just basing this off of previous similar items? Sorry, don't mean to jump you but I've been watching the refurb store waaaaaay too much lately. I actually think that Apple might want to have me monitored for being the creepy guy leering at them

veeco3110

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2007
brick nj
when you go to order. dont get it off the computer. call them and speak to a rep. say that you want the full sized keyboard. they'll hook it up

Paper&Plastic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
WOW! I feel absolutely stupid right now....I have to admit, my first thought after reading this was "You can actually still place an order over the phone and talk to a person!" Wow, anybody else ever run into a case of "the-internet-made-me-forget-simple-things-are-still-possible-itis"?

Thanks veeco, I'm feeling pretty dumb right now, but that takes a load off my mind while I wait.

hmm...real people on the other end of the phone....who knew?

thank you both for your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.