Any ideas what is wrong with my xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by davidjearly, Mar 15, 2012.

1. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

I've just had this come up on the display whilst starting up the console. Happens within 10-15 secs of powering it on. The system is completely frozen, but no abnormal lights on the front of the xbox.

Attached Files:

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Try a different hdmi cable and make sure ts well ventilated. All else fails its the gpu on the fritz

3. davidjearly thread starter macrumors 68020

davidjearly

It's the component model, so no HDMI. Tried changing the cable but it is intermittently happening with both.

4. yetieater macrumors regular

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

If it's the component model only, it's a good deal old and that points it towards the GPU on the fritz alright.

Yep time to ring M$ sadly though without a RedRing report you might not quality for a free warranty repair :(

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

It's most likely the GPU is on the blink. It's not something you're going to be able to fix. If its under warranty then call tech support to get it fixed. If its not under warranty then youre probably out of luck. The same thing happened with one of my previous Xbox's. I'm on my third now.

7. Rychy macrumors 6502

Besides it being a 360? ( joke )

My 360 started to freeze right before it died ... it was three weeks out of warranty and Microsoft wouldn't fix it for free.

8. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Just run it until it red rings, then you should qualify for a warranty fix with microshaft.