Any iMessage issues going back and forth from Android to Iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ricktat, May 18, 2015.

1. ricktat macrumors 65816

Does anyone use both Android and Iphone and go back and forth swapping Sims?

Has this created an iMessage issue? I know about the old issues and now being able to completely disconnect from imessage but I don't want anything permanent.

I would like to swap on what ever day I want and then swap back.

2. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

If you're going to switch frequently maybe you shouldn't use iMessage. Other peoples phones might assume you're on it.

3. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

It might cause some hiccups if you don't disable iMessage on the iPhone when switching over.

4. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

I recommend disabling iMessage as well.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Even when you do it still might be inconsistent unfortunately.

6. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Apple software, annoyingly, is no longer bulletproof :-/

7. tdale macrumors 65816

iMessage is voluntary, you enable it knowing that it works on Apple devices. If you switch the sim to another phone, its still registered for iMessage, the messages will send to it, they want be received. How can you blame Apple when a user has an Android number registered to iMessage? PEBKAS

8. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

If you're going to be switching from iOS to android often your best bet is just not to use iMessages. I have a sim adapter and switch a lot but forgot to disable iMessages once and ran into some nasty issues. Even with the apple support page they stood up to remove iMessages from a phone number that you can find with a Google search. It's just too much of a headache, coming from someone that used to switch a lot.

In theory though, as long as you disable iMessages before switching SIM cards you should be okay but there's definitely potential hiccups in the process.

9. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

When you disable iMessage it should be disabled. If the transition back to SMS has issues it suggests Apple have some kinks to workout. The issue isn't mine.

Also my comment refers to the general nature of current iOS/OSX releases, not just iMessage. I've have enough experience with both (previous and current versions) to be qualified to say that Apple software is no longer bulletproof. I.e. It isn't to the same standard it used to be.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

No software has really ever been.

----------

Not quite. If you chose to disable iMessage then it should be disabled right then and there, which isn't the case often enough unfortunately.