Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slip Jigs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
I recorded a voice memo and thought I could easily use this in an iMovie project but no. I had to sync first with iTunes in order to get the memo back on the iPhone where iMovie could access it.

I now have an "iMovie audio" playlist for fast access to audio I want to use in iMovie projects.

So iMovie can't see any other audio than what's in your iPod library. Are there any other programs that will save audio to your iPhone iPod library? Any other work arounds? This seems to be the one hold up for being able to create a complete video on the phone using custom audio.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
Unfortunately iMovie only looks for audio in 5 places....Theme Music, Playlists, Albums, Artists and Songs. Apple should allow iMovie to use audio from the Voice Memos app as well. It would be great to be able to narrate a past video into a new movie.

Slip Jigs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Yeah, and those are in the iPod app. So i guess the challenge is now to see if there's any app that will allow save a fle to the iPod app right on the iPhone, without syncing through iTunes. My guess is no, I think this is the only way out side of downloading from the iTunes store itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.