Any increase in flights from China?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Craiger, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I remember last year a lot of people on here were able to track flights from China that presumably had a ton of iphones on them. I didn't know if maybe people on here could notice an increase in traffic from China and deduce when the iphone would be released.

Also, I know this is impossible to PROVE so don't start yelling. I just had a lot of fun last year reading about my iphone being in Alaska waiting on customs.

2. LarzStarz macrumors member

My goodness, you people need more to do in your lives.

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

So true…

Also a completely skewed way the world's economy works. I mean, increased airtraffic from China? Airplanes full of iPhones. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. Craiger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Craiger

Thanks for your input guys. Also, thanks for ignoring the last couple of sentences. I know for some people on here its impossible to just SKIP over a thread without being rude to someone.... :rolleyes:

5. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I thought they came over on a ship?

If they are on a plan, you won't be able to notice something like an increase in flights.

I think what you are referring to is that some people pre-ordered and received tracking numbers. Using the tracking number they were able to follow the progress of their package from China.

6. Craiger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Craiger

Thanks Gecko, I am talking about the people who pre-ordered. I did not know for sure though if the others came on ship or plane. What I was getting at is that if they really do release Monday (which I doubt) then we would see a lot already in country.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

I'm 99.99999999% sure the will not sell the 4th gen say day it's announced. They will probably start preorders Monday or tuesday.

8. MissyD macrumors member

This thread made me lol. iPhones are small. They are not shipping iHouses or i18wheelers. I can't imagine that even shipping thousands of them from China will cause a noticable blip in air traffic, especially given the tons of products exported from China already. Thanks for the light moment in an otherwise crazy morning! :)

9. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Well, if I remember correctly, wasn't there like a picture at Apple or somewhere showing this huge box that looked like a bunch of iPhones? They need to have the iPhones in the states to deliver them to Apple and AT&T stores for those that are not preordered.

10. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Yup, but I bet they fill at least a couple of shipping containers.

11. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

lol at this thread ... it's not like it would be any different, it would just have been 3GS' instead. beyond that, an extra couple thousand/hundred thousand iPhones might equate to only a couple of planes ... hardly anything enough to render such a difference.

12. sms0217ny macrumors regular

Actually all the iphones secretly get assembled by the Dharma initiative on the island, and then John Locke turns the donkey wheel and they magically show up at your doorstep.

13. shamash macrumors 6502a

shamash

I'm not trying to be rude to OP or anything, I just needed to say that this is probably the best post I've ever read at MacRumors.

14. Craiger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Craiger

HA I'm not offended. It's actually ironic because I just now started watching Lost (which I think he is referring to) on Neftlix. I'm on the 8th episode!