Any inexpensive "mini-esque" HDD enclosures?

chriskzoo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
The cheapest one I have found is the mini stack:

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/ministack/

It's $99 and comes with no drive (I have some around to use), but multiple USB and firewire ports. Anything cheaper out there that has the Mini style? I really don't need the extra ports...

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
OMG OMG, I sooo want one of these, I don't even have a mini, just that soo many options, and soo cool looking. The price isin't too bad (I think), thanks for the link :)

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Austin, TX
Phatpat said:
This enclosure plus this hard drive will give you a mildly stylish 300 gb setup. Depending on how much you want consistent looks, it might be worth the extra $60 to get the ministack. It looks pretty swell.
I actually got the USB+FW version of this case and I love it! Super sleek and ruggedly built, and very compact. And it uses an Oxford chipet for the firewire. I just bought a similar-looking OWC drive for my son and I like this case much better.

chriskzoo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
I already have 2 160GB HDDs (one EIDE and one SATA) so I don't need a drive - just an enclosure that can sit non-descriptly under my Mini.

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2005
wow! That's tight...i'd love something like that for my mini especially for my video editing...I was looking for something like this today. Thanks macrumors!

Do they sell this on any other websites?

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2005
Chip NoVaMac said:
Really super design. It would help me with my iMac G5. been looking for a FW drive for back ups. Having extra USB and FW is just sweet.
so has anybody actually brought one of these? I'd consider the lacie one, but I already have a brand new 250gb hd that I want to install. Is macsales.com legit?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.