Any insights/information as to when/how Apple restocks iPads in stores?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by darthastuart, Aug 1, 2010.

1. darthastuart macrumors member

hey everyone--long time lurker, first time poster...finally saved up for my iPad and am eager to get one.

does anyone have any information or insights as to any general Apple Store stocking procedures/policies for something like the iPad? From what I've read so far, the stores get new shipments every day except Sundays, which may or may not include iPads.

do they typically restock in the morning before the store opens? in the evening after close? at some point during the day?

My current strategy is to call around 10 a.m. (all my local apple stores open at 9) and check; is it worth calling again later in the day?

I'm stuck with the Apple Store because I'm using a bunch of gift cards to make this purchase plus cash for the difference, otherwise I'd be hitting up Best Buys and authorized resellers. :)

Thanks for any help out there!

2. mixvio macrumors 6502

Here in Australia any time I've called in they've told me inventory is ready by 10 am for the day, so I guess you're probably good calling in at that time.

Just keep in mind that they're not going to hold stock for you, so if the iPad you want has arrived you'll have to be fast.

3. darthastuart thread starter macrumors member

thanks, good to know...the three stores I'm casing out actually open at 10 (I swear, it said 9 yesterday) so I plan to start calling around 10:30 a.m. and see how it goes!

4. darthastuart thread starter macrumors member

quick update, for anyone else wondering I guess:

called my 3 apple stores here in the Orlando area.

the Mall at Millennia store guy said that they're not allowed to reveal when shipments arrive, "for security" which makes sense, but then said, "Hey, try back around 12 or 1, or later..." which makes me think he was kinda trying to suggest trying in the afternoon?

so I'm gonna call around at about 1:30 or so and see what happens.

in the meantime, i placed my order online so no matter what, I'm on my way. :)