Any Instant Messenger app for MSN?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by mm1250, Sep 13, 2009.

1. mm1250 macrumors 6502

Hello,

I have the iPhone 3GS and was looking for an Instant Messenger App which supports MSN Messenger. Anyone know of a good app(paid or free)?

Also, is that new feature with the pushing of notifications out yet on the iPhone which prevents background apps from being always on?

2. ncsimmons03 macrumors member

I think an app called mobile linked supports MSN Messenger but I haven't used it enough to give you an idea of how well it works.

3. pauliphone macrumors regular

as above, Beejive IM, I use it, is generally good and you get the push notifications, but it does seem to lag and stick a bit when going into chats or trying to reply, I have a 3G so don't know if it is better on the 3GS.

4. Dominat0r macrumors 6502a

Dominat0r

5. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

6. outcastrc macrumors member

7. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

Beejive doesn't lag at all for my on my jailbroken 3GS. Definitely worth the money.

8. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

9. IronLogik macrumors 6502

I'd personally wait before spending money on Beejive. Trillian Astra is pending review right now. It may actually be better, and cheaper. The details haven't been announced yet for pricing and such.

10. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

11. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

12. mm1250 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks all,

I have bought beejive and it seems to be what I was looking for. So even when i'm loaded in the app it shows i'm logged in to MSN Messenger? that is cool!

13. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Beejive is a bit expensive for just one IM use. There are some free ones out there like Nimbuzz I think that would do msn for free. And Palringo is cheaper and just as good.

14. !Dragonfly! macrumors newbie

IM+ Messenger is what I really recommend. Push notifications are supported.
    Other cool features: sending photos and your geographical location, Twitter, Skype, Facebook, MSN, GTalk, etc support. Even speech recognition is coming soon!

15. sparkles61785 macrumors regular

Speech Recognition is coming at a price. You are required to pay monthly for the feature. I dropped IM+ after I found out about this, and I purchased Beejive (We should not be required to pay for features after dropping $10 on an app). No regrets whatsoever. Beejive is the best. Even Apple agrees on their must-have social networking app guide.

16. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I use eBuddy and don't have any problems with it (and I have it on my Sony phone too). I've tried Palringo in the past but it sometimes doesn't load the contact list, but no issues with eBuddy so far.