Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Snapz Pro X actually does do video on Intel systems, but only with certain settings, and sound isn't preserved.

So... it's probably going to work for you if you don't need the audio or could somehow dub it in later.

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
jsw said:
Snapz Pro X actually does do video on Intel systems, but only with certain settings, and sound isn't preserved.

So... it's probably going to work for you if you don't need the audio or could somehow dub it in later.
Snapz proX works... painfully slowly. So slow in fact that Google earth (what im recording) pauses annoyingly often

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
You might be happy to know, then, that 2.0.3 is in beta now and should be out soon. I don't have it, but the word is that it works great.

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
jsw said:
You might be happy to know, then, that 2.0.3 is in beta now and should be out soon. I don't have it, but the word is that it works great.
Thanks, I'll be looking forward to it. As for now... I just set up my XL-1 on a tripod and aimed it at my MBP. Then I ran a FW cable to it and recorded via Quicktime Pro. Worked fine for what I'm doing... :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.