Any interest in a Tivoweb App?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Skystar, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Skystar macrumors 6502

I have a few hacked directv hi-def tivos at home that use a web interface that is called tivowebplus. This interface allows you to schedule recordings, view the guide, view what has been recorded, etc. The most useful thing is the ability to schedule recordings away from home. Since the web pages are stored locally on each TiVo, I am thinking of making an iPhone friendly version. Would anyone else be interested in this type of project? Thanks

2. llarson macrumors member

I would.....

I would throw a couple of $$$ in towards development.

3. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

Well there is three dollars you can count on... :p

4. paintmav macrumors newbie

I'm very interested, although I posess not technical skill which would provide any value, I could give plenty of moral support.

5. Skystar thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies. I can actually log into my tivos and use tivowebplus, but the interface is just not that iPhone friendly. I plan on making an iPhone version with the iPhone "flava". At least I know there is some interest. Thanks

6. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Please do this - I'd love to have a iPhone Tivo app!

7. michelle21 macrumors regular

tivoweb only works with series one, for series 2, just go the ip adress of your tivo in any browser. and hit the now playing page. use https, tivo seems to use ssl.

Would be really trivial to through together an ajax enabled version, use the template provided by aptana.

8. macgolfer53 macrumors newbie

what about comcast?

is there an approach to make this work with comcast?