iPad Any iPad Mini owners switch to the iPad Air? Thoughts?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bumblehat, Nov 1, 2013.

1. bumblehat macrumors regular

I'm a huge fan of the Mini form factor, size, weight, etc., but early word on the street is that the iPad Air is like a "slightly larger Mini," which sounds kind of appealing. I'm still planning on holding out on the Retina Mini, but am planning on checking out the Air in store later today.

Would love to hear from someone who has compared both and/or made the switch already.

2. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I've been using an iPad mini since December of last year. I am holding out for the retina iPad Mini... I went to the Apple store to play around with the air and it is very impressive how thin and light they made it. But the overall size is still quite larger than the mini so for portability and usage comfort, the mini is still the winner.... And especially now with the same specs.

3. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I had the iPad mini since it's release/cheer on November 2. However I found myself missing the big screen on a regular iPad. I wanted to check out the air and when I got the air in my hands it was akismet.... like magical and revolutionary all over again.

4. Simbazz macrumors regular

Been using the iPad Mini since earlier this year as I thought it fit in with my world. It did, but wasn't big enough. The iPad Air is almost perfect in that regards, its smaller and lighter. I'm really happy with the purchase. It doesn't tick every box, it still has some weight but using one hand to is easy enough now without having an aching arm and it has made my bag much lighter! I genuinely noticed a difference today.

5. lls4f macrumors regular

Same as the posters above. I had the iPad 2, and I didn't bring it anywhere because it was too large and heavy. I got the Mini, but I would just do things on my laptop rather than the mini because of the screen size. The iPad Air feels incredibly light. One hand use it definitely doable. The screen looks great. There was a small line at my store, but overall the purchase process was painless. Couldn't be happier today.