Any iPhone 4 car kits yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Khryz, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Khryz macrumors 6502a

I know it's still early, but are there any kits for holding my phone in my car (dashboard)?

Mostly for iPod and GPS.

2. CDew macrumors member

Magellan Premium Car Kit But...

The Magellan Premium Car Kit works with the iPhone 4, but not with Apple's Bumper on the phone. The bumper does not allow the plug to go into the phone far enough to make contact. It won't charge while docked. Bluetooth works and sound seems to come out of the speaker (unless it's using the iPhone's speakers and they are just louder than the 3G's speakers).

3. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks!

You think there will be kits that offer more slack to incorporate bumpers and other cases?

4. Kim Sux macrumors member

The iPhone 4 does work in the Magellan Car Kit with the Bumper on if you trim a little of the rubber around the cradle's connector with an X-Acto knife.

5. rickymartinenze macrumors newbie

6. mangoman macrumors 6502a

mangoman

http://www.proclipusa.com just announced their iPhone 4 stuff this week.

As much as I've posted about this stuff, I probably sound like I'm getting commission from ProClip. I wish. :rolleyes:

However, I've used the products for a couple of vehicles (Tacoma, Subaru WRX) and have ordered a new holder for my Honda Fit, so...I like what they sell. Not cheap, but definitely solid.

7. tullys macrumors member

tullys

brodit do it properly

Until I returned the iphone4 (and I'm sure that changes nothing!) my Brodit iphone3G(S) holder held the iphone4 fine in portrait, and okay in landscape.
    You can buy Brodit mounting brackets for most vehicles and then buy the appropriate holder for the handset.

In fact looks like Brodit already have an iphone4 specific model:

http://www.brodit.com/

They're also resold in the USA and also known as Brodit ProClip

Hope this helps