Any iPhone 4S users on Sprint in Houston, TX area?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pinkoos, Oct 14, 2011.

1. pinkoos macrumors regular

Thinking about going with Sprint, but not sure after seeing a bunch of speed tests online.

Just wondering if anybody in the Houston area with a 4S on Sprint could post their experience with cell and data coverage, data speed and what part of Houston that you're in.

Thanks.

2. iprime macrumors member

3. pinkoos thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, that is really really slow. I'm not very hopeful. What part of town are you in? I'm on the West side close to Bunker Hill and I-10 and I work in Katy.

4. iprime macrumors member

I live by I-10 and Gessner. Very near from you. Switching to AT&T tomorrow.

5. pinkoos thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, thank you. Very helpful information. Think I'll stay away from Sprint.

----------

Oh, by the way, what is your cell coverage like? How many bars are you getting in the area around 10 and Gessner?

6. iprime macrumors member

7. pinkoos thread starter macrumors regular

That's not too bad. So it's just data that is slow. Cell coverage seems good.

8. xanderla25 macrumors newbie

I was going to switch from AT&T to Sprint but I decided to order a new number when I did my pre-order just in case the speed was too slow.
    Wow...i can't even believe what a difference it is! I am honestly thinking of canceling my account with Sprint and just waiting to be eligible on AT&T now because the speed is that ridiculous. I am on the west side of Houston near Highway 6.

9. gretafour macrumors regular

I used a 4S at the Sprint store (in the Bunker Hill H-E-B shopping center) this weekend and it loaded web pages only slightly slower than my 3GS. I asked if there was a cell repeater or femtocell at the store and he said there wasn't.

I'm OK with slightly slower, given the better plans on Sprint, but I'm afraid it will be unusably slower too much of the time! Any more stories on Sprint 4S in Houston?

10. pinkoos thread starter macrumors regular

I decided to go with AT&T (I'm coming from TMobile). There are just too many reports of molasses slow speeds on Sprint (and even on Verizon FWIW).

AT&T doesn't seem to have as bad a reputation here in Houston vs. other parts of the country, so I'm rolling the dice and going with them over Verizon.

Bought the 4S at the Apple Store in Memorial City Mall yesterday (stood in line for about an hour) and so far AT&T seems to be pretty good in my area. 3G speeds are definitely very good.