Any iPhone 5 battery cases that use Lightning cable?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by maflynn, Dec 30, 2013.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I bought my wife a Mophie battery case and she genneraly likes it, as it serves the purpose for which it was designed. Yet both of us are not happy over the need of a micro-usb cable. Yeah its more "standard" but we own a bunch of Lightning cables now we have to get a few micro-usb cables and so we need to use one cable type for her phone, and then swap it out when we want to charge up my phone, or iPads.

Not a huge hassle but I can see cables going MIA because of the needed swapping.

Any battery cases that are similar to Mophie (that is as good as mophie in size, quality and design) that use Apple's Lightning cable?

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Any iPhone 5 battery cases that use Lightning cable?

I have a few of these but none of them are apple certified. I like the idea though. I currently use the uNu Power DX for the iPhone 5 but that uses micro usb.
    How about these maybe (look ugly IMO):
    Kinps ® Apple Iphone 5 4200mah External Rechargeable Spare Backup Extended Battery Charger Pack Case Cover-for iPhone 5 & 5s. Compatible with IOS 7
    http://amzn.com/B00DPE0UMQ
    Alpatronix BX112 2200mAh External iPhone 5 / 5S Rechargeable Battery Charging Case Lightning USB Connector Output and Kickstand - Ultra Slim Removable Case fits all models and all carriers AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile - Black
    http://amzn.com/B00ESQ8POA

3. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thanks, I'll have my wife look at them, but I think she's liking the mophie as she uses it more. Its just a pain now to buy a new set of cables for home/car/work

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Micro usb cables are very cheap on amazon though :)

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

He is asking for one that charges by using a lightning cable not micro usb.