Any iPhone 6 owners considering the 6 Plus? (serious only)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steviejobz, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Please no trolling / judgment. Just wondering if anyone with the 6 is serious about getting the 6+ and why. I'm close to pulling the trigger as the 6+ was my original pre-order but didn't want to wait. I'm seeing occasional inventory pop up online so I could get one.

2. legioxi macrumors 6502a

No, the 6 isn't all the comfortable to use, I don't see myself liking a 6+ more. I also checked it out in person at the Apple Store and it is too small for PDF reading but too large for anything else (my opinion), making it a bad tablet and a bad phone. I'm sticking with a phone and tablet to split my use (tablet is only used for PDF reading for me).

This is just my own experience and is not a knock on anyone who feels different. It's very subjective.

3. easyfame macrumors member

Not at all. It much to big for my usage. I feel the 6 is too big but oh well.

4. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I'm debating it. I like the size of my 6 (coming from a Moto X), but I haven't actually seen a 6+ in person yet.

5. ryanbates macrumors regular

ryanbates

Initially no, but after playing with the Plus more I definitely want one. The battery life alone makes me want to switch. Obviously the Plus isn't as easy to use in my opinion but I think after time I'd grow to love it.

Now if I can just find one...

6. granolatx macrumors newbie

Yes I've already ordered a 6+. I have the 6 now. It is a great phone. Faster than my 4S. It is easy to use and the screen is super clear. Pictures are awesome! However, I want more. I want to sit in front of the TV and surf the web without using my iPad. I want to read books using Kindle reader. The 6 screen is not quite large enough for comfortable reading of news and books.

I went to the Apple Store Friday for the launch event and was surprised at how comfortable using the 6plus was. Granted it is way too big for phone calls to your ear. This would be ridiculous. However, I only talk about 200 minutes a month, and most of that is using earbuds or bluetooth. I think I will get more work done with a 6Plus. As it is now at work I have to carry my iPad around everywhere and my phone. I think I can use the Plus in many cases as a sub for the iPad.

I will return my 6 and wait for my 6Plus to come in. I ordered online with T-Mobile so it might be a few weeks for it to get here.

7. joecg macrumors member

When I went on Friday to get my 6, I was a little bummed I didn't go with the 6 Plus (and I could have because I was one of the lucky few that got into preorders quickly). However, I'm now glad I went with the 6. It's a nice size, and I've realized how much I use the phone one handed. Also, with all these issues of iPhone 6+'s bending when kept in pants pockets (where I always keep my phone), I'm glad I didn't go that route.

8. Vihzel macrumors 6502

...or you may not.

9. ryanbates macrumors regular

ryanbates

After playing with it a little more I've already gotten more used to it.

10. Steviejobz thread starter macrumors 68000

Just went back to store to try again. Cannot type a text or email one handed without risking dropping it by holding it loosely. I live in NYC, don't drive much so it is always in hand, on subway, etc. Plus often hold hands with my little kids. Still torn if I want to give all that up for the bigger screen.

11. gmikesell macrumors regular

I returned my ip6 yesterday and placed my order for an ip6+. Waiting for the 3-4 weeks to pass before I can hope to see it. Wish there was a website that would facilitate trades in localized areas.

12. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The iPhone 6 is already quite big for me. Just it's harder to fit in my pockets already (the iPhone 5/5s was the perfect size for me). It's not to say I don't like the 6; there are tons of things I like about it.

I have considered the 6 Plus, but it's just too big. I'm interested in the optical image stabilization and the landscape modes, but otherwise I'm good with my current choice.

13. gopherblue macrumors member

I just received my Plus today. I love it, but the limiting factor for me is the size, for all the reasons previously stated. Truth be told, if the 6 had OIS I probably would've gone with that. My sweet spot is a 5"-5.2" screen, 1080, with OIS. It would give me the screen size I crave with the portability I want. The Plus fits in my suit coat chest pocket and my trouser front pockets (even sitting), but I think it is too long to carry in my jeans and be able to comfortably sit down. Finally, while I do most of my composing/typing on even my iph 4 with both hands, I do frequently check messages/email and answer calls one handed, and I just dont think that is functionally possible with the Plus.

I will probably stick with the Plus for a year, and next year maybe downsize to a 6S if it comes with OIS and maybe improved screen resolution.