Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eric5273

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2009
New Jersey
I had this case for my iPhone 4S. Incase doesn't seem to have made anything like this in a long time. It was very light and barely added any weight. It had a slight lip so you could put it on a table screen down. And it was a silicon type hard rubber that gave excellent grip.

The nicest thing of all was that you could take the phone out of the case and put it back in very easily, without having to pry it off like many other cases, and you could just rinse the case off under some water, dry it, and put it back on the phone and it looked like new. I used this case for 4+ years on that phone, and when I just traded the phone in last week, the case and the phone still both looked brand new.

Has anyone seen any cases similar to this? I don't care about the "Swiss cheese" pattern. I just want something with a similar light weight style and so far, the closest thing I have seen is the Apple silicon case which seems a bit more bulky.

black03_1_2.jpg

rayricepudding

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
I had this for my iP4 in purple! I loved it. I'm fairly certain it was just hard plastic with a somewhat rubberized coating.

Eric5273

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2009
New Jersey
I finally found a case that is similar to this.

I was placing an order with Amazon, and needed to spend a few more dollars for the free shipping, so I ordered the Spigen Thin Fit:

http://www.spigen.com/collections/iphone-7/products/iphone-7-case-thin-fit?variant=19841249345

I had seen good reviews for this case and it was only $10 so I figured no harm in trying it. From the pictures I expected that the case would be a hard plastic polycarbonate case. However, I was surprised upon receiving it that it is a similar rubberized plastic that my old Incase case for my iPhone 4S was (pictured above). It has a nice grippy rubbery feel without being sticky like the Apple silicone case. The color blends with the black iPhone 7 perfectly.

Reactions: danny8200
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.