Any issues for re-installing 10.6?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dancks, Jun 5, 2011.

1. dancks macrumors member

dancks

This isn't my computer, so IDK a lot about this computer. Apparently my mom bought this from the apple store with the OS pre-installed, we're having trouble with the printer, barring any hardware problem and having exhausted our limited tools to troubleshooting we thought we would simply re-install the OS to return all the setting back to what they were because when we got the printer it installed perfectly and everything was fine. She thought she could enable scanning (HP PSC 1610) by simply re-installing the printer software, which now won't work. computer is an iMac running 10.6.7

I notice that we got the system CDs we were wondering if that would destroy any sort of software pre-installed on the computer needed for running the computer, or something. I never heard of this problem before but we were curious.

Extreme, yeah we know. It beats looking up some obscure 18 step procedure so I don't want to hear it.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. Dresevski macrumors 6502

I messed around with my mom's printer/scanner on her brand new MBP this spring and I ended up reinstalling the OS because I lost the "scan" tab in printer settings or whatever. When I erased everything and reinstalled it all worked perfectly!