Any issues running Windows 7 via bootcamp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 2Turbo, Mar 31, 2011.

1. 2Turbo macrumors 6502

2Turbo

A while back I remember hearing about apple's bootcamp drivers for windows 7 sucking, with many problems. Have these issues been resolved? Cause I'd like to run W7 natively (2011 mbp) and wonder if I'll run into any issues.

Have you guys had any problems, or is it smooth sailing?

Thx

2. secretanchitman macrumors 6502

secretanchitman

runs 100% perfect for me. trackpad is fine, audio works fine (analog and digital optical). im running windows 7 ultimate sp1 x64. :)

3. Suanmiao macrumors member

4. Car123 macrumors newbie

2011 13" core i5 mbp, windows 7 prof. runs perfectly

5. mediasorcerer macrumors regular

man windows in bootcamp runs great big time,it probably almost runs better than a win machine with new mbpro,s.[ok thats juz a guess lol]there are many tweaks you can use too,to get even better performance,

you will find a bit more heat in windows,maybe 5-10-15 degrees at worst,but the mac can handle that,as for drivers,i did a reinstall of my drivers 2 days ago,took the display drivers back to vga[microsoft default]then did a reinstall[off disc],and presto,the games are running so much better this time,big diff,
    honestly,you will have no probs at all.;)

6. schnb macrumors newbie

Runs like a dream on the 2011 15" i7 macbook pro.
    this includes complex audio and gaming. no driver issues at all - simple install, and run bootcamp from the disk.

one issue i encountered was the boot camp autoplay opened the wrong thing - not a problem though, just had to browse to the bootcamp setup folder.

7. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502