any issues with switcheasy torrent?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by V4705, Feb 27, 2010.

1. V4705 macrumors 6502

Is there anything I should know before purchasing?

2. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

The rigid hard plastic spine will scratch up but ike their other cases, they are well designed and should work great.

3. alamperti macrumors member

alamperti

@V4705 i've tested the SwitchEasy Torrent a few days ago and felt impressed. A well done case, the inside frame is a bit harder than silicone, much like a hydrocarbon material. The Torrent fits well the phone providing consistent quality :)

4. V4705 thread starter macrumors 6502

cmichaelb, thanks

alamperti,
    thanks, i know it has the same material as capsulerebel (semi-hard flexible polymer),
    did you use it for a week or two? i'm looking for long-term problems like loosed sides and such...

5. Resist macrumors 68030

I recently put this case on my iPhone 3G and really like it. I used to use an Otterbox Defender case. I much more prefer the Torrent for every day use. It looks great, is slim and feels great in your hand. I like how their logo on the back of the case is in the center. That way the logo takes most of the surface marks, when set on a flat surface. Plus it makes it so you can spin the iPhone very cleanly.

I did notice an imperfection on my Torrent to the lip of the case, near my iPhone's screen. Looks like a molding issue. I'm sure it is only an isolated issue and hope they will replace the case. I bought it from MyGearStore and have contacted them, but so far haven't heard anything back. I guess my next step would be to contact Switcheasy.

6. ShawnCV macrumors newbie

Switcheasy Torrent

Hey guys,

I had the Rebeltouch and I was very displeased. The silicone part would always get wrecked and squished up. It was also a BIG pain to put on and take off.

I was planning on getting the Switcheasy Torrent but I'm afraid the silicone problem might occur once again.

@Resist Why did you choose the Switcheasy Torrent over the Otterbox Defender? I have a choice between the Switcheasy Torrent or the Otterbox Defender. Thanks

7. cobie454 macrumors regular

cobie454

I have the Switcheasy colors silicone case and to me the silicone is a little to stretchy and soft, however the screen shields are awesome, with all that said i think its really up to you on whether to get the case or not. Who knows maybe the silicone won't be as bad as the Colors silicone. Good Luck.

8. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Rebel Touch

extensive reviews on the rebeltouch? ive heard that the silicone scrunches up at the edges, any other problems? :confused:

9. Resist macrumors 68030

My issues with the Torrent were resolved by Switcheasy, as MyGearStore didn't want to help me even though I purchased the case from them.

I really like how this case feels in my hands and how stand up Switcheasy is with regards to support.

10. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

ive heard alot about them... thanks, i might get the torrenttouch