Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macbar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
Hi all,
what i would love to have is a media player that has a great UI that can display album art full screen that is split with sleeve notes, wikipedia type trivia about each song as they are playing, members of the band, historical notes, maybe lyrics - some kind of tab for each maybe while you are viewing (thinking out loud now)
anyone know of anything that comes close to this? i cant programme at all but i reckon if there was some kind of community open source thing where people could write up the sleeve notes we could all share them into the programme?
anyway that's my dream for a media player. imagine browsing and listening to your digital music collection via a plex type programme on a big screen while having friends round - linking to live videos of songs via youtube...........on and on......any thoughts?
cheers

chubble10

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2013
England
You could try XBMC, which seems to have an interface similar to what you are looking for.

screenshotMusic1-800x450.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.