Any kind of "custom dictionary" on Cydia?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by saucy1360, Oct 28, 2010.

1. saucy1360 macrumors regular

One of my biggest pet peeves with the iPhone is that when typing, my phone corrects words to the most ridiculous things and doesn't recognize some words and tries to correct them (like he'll and hell, for instance). Is there any type of custom dictionary type thing available from Cydia?

2. bengtc macrumors regular

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

will this keep a history of spelled words.. say if i want to change apple to Apple every single time?

also, can you add words? i am trying to look for a video review but im having a tough time finding one, and screenshots in cydia are giving me a hard time for this app, tia.

4. saucy1360 thread starter macrumors regular

ugh, it's $4... thanks for showing me, but i'd probably only get it if it were free.

5. troy14 macrumors 6502a

You're kidding? Skip a Starbucks, McDonalds, or whatever. $4 is nothing.

6. LinMac macrumors 65816

I agree with the OP. I looked at it, but for $4 I'll pass.

7. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

8. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

4 bones is okay if it actually worked, reliably, which v1.3 does not. Once ur system starts running low on memory all spell checking vanishes.

And yes, I've paid for, and used Inspell since it's infancy (when it used to work all the time). Once it gets updated I'll reinstall.

9. bengtc macrumors regular

I am using an I4 on 4.01 and it works perfectly no slowdown at all. It allows you to add words to the apple dictionary so the red underline does not show. Also you can add custom auto corrections for example: everytime I type "Lol" it will correct to "lol" or "pol" to "ppl" etc etc