Any Kings Of Leon Fans Here?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iD4V3, Aug 28, 2010.

1. iD4V3 macrumors member

iD4V3

Im guessing there is probably quite a few :)

Kings Of Leon Release There 5th Studio Album Titled - Come Around Sundown October 18th (UK) 19th (US)

First Single "Radioactive" released on Septemeber 14!

2. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Nice - I think they're alright, some of their songs are nice but there's better bands imo.

3. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

I like most new fans didn't really get into this band until their latest album with Sex On Fire and Use Somebody. I started listening to their older albums, not nearly as good in my opinion. I'm sure the diehard fans probably prefer the older music, that's usually how it goes. I'll be looking out for this album in October though.

4. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Ehh, I only like their song, "Use Somebody". Other than that I'm not really a fan.

5. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

KoL was the first band I ever "discovered" by watching SNL. Never heard of them until that performance, but now, they've got a song or two on most of my playlists. Gotta say "Crawl" is my favorite right now.

6. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

I personally don't care for the Use Somebody song, there are far better songs on the Only By The Night album. Crawl, Closer and Revelry are a few of my favorites.

I read somewhere that they were asked to make an appearance on Glee and turned it down. I actually like Glee, but good for them for not "selling out". I believe 3 of the 4 out of the band are actually brothers too.

7. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Use Somebody got really overplayed, at least out here. It's one of those songs that can be played across many formats - modern rock, pop, easy listening - you name it. I'll have to listen to some other stuff and see if I like any of it.