any know about the incase sling pack?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jackiecanev2, Aug 6, 2007.

1. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

So, I need a minimal laptop-only bag (I've got a crumpler for the heavy days) to lug around campus this semester. I've got my eye on the Incase sling pack, which says that it fits everything from a 12"PB to the 17" MBP. Theres quite a size difference between the two, and since I've got a MB, I'm concerned that the sleeve might be a little loose and not hold my MB in place.

Does anyone have one, or have they seen one? Is the sleeve inside bound with elastic? Or would a MB slide around inside?

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i have one - i've used it for a 15" powerbook i had for work, and also with a 12" powerbook i used to have, and my current macbook. it's one of my favorite laptop bags. i didn't find that any of my computers moved around too much in the interior sleeve. i think you'd only have a problem if you run with it where the laptop will move up and down in the sleeve. there's not too much room for it to move side to side. there is no elastic on the sleeve, but the laptop isn't going to pop out of the sleeve.

3. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

I also own the sling pack--and I love it. Of course there isn't much place in there but if only carry around your MB with the power adapter, a mouse, a college notebook and maybe a magazines with a few pens you will love this one. I'm planning on writing a review about the sling pack on my blog soon so watch out!

byakuya