Any know issues for this hardware configuration running Consumer Preview (W8)?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by east85, Mar 5, 2012.

1. east85, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  2. macbookman83 macrumors 6502

I installed is on Saturday and didnt get too play with it much, but I did notice the display and mousic getures are a little funky...........

3. east85, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012

east85 thread starter macrumors 65816

east85

Thanks for the reply. I'm on it now and things aren't too bad. The only thing driving me crazy is the drivers for the keyboard functions won't install (not sure if that's normal, eject button, etc), I have no control over brightness and audio does not work so far. No idea how to turn on tap to click, no options in device manager under mouse. Hoping I can find a fix for these in a few hours or so.

- Update, sound working. Device manager failed to auto detect what it needed I guess (derp install file), because it wasn't a driver.

Anyways I went through and installed everything I've been having trouble with with compatability settings, still no luck for a possible brightness control, functionality of the keyboard (backlight, possible use of f-1 - eject) or luck getting tap to click.

4. east85 thread starter macrumors 65816

east85

Okay so I'm going to post here if anyone sees this and thinks "Hey, that's my Mac!" in the future and is thinking about this. It just kept repeatedly freezing on me and the aforementioned did not function so I just decided to axe the partition and forget about it. I'll probably be better off waiting for Apple to support Windows 8 with updated drivers and whatnot.

Please disregard this thread, etc.