Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

W1MRK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2010
Hello everyone. I have a mid 2010 imac 21.5 (OS 10.8.2) with the annoying yellow screen issue. I am currently using a 32" 720p tv as a monitor (with displayport adapter) and it is working well. The software I found to kill the imac display is called SwitchResX version 4.

Before I upgrade from the trial can anyone tell me if there are other alternatives to disabling the video feed to the imac screen. I am not overly concerned about whether or not the screen is completely off led wise, I just want to make sure the 5670 video card is only sending to one screen (external monitor) and not being overtaxed during gaming.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
Have you tried getting the screen replaced? Apple is known to sometimes fix such issues even after the warranty has expired... even if you haven't purchased AppleCare.

/Jim

W1MRK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2010
I have not looked into that yet. Might be worthwhile. It is sad that the monitor went bad within 2 years of purchase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.