Any Known Issues?

Inspired

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Hi guys, I will be heading out to Apple store in a few hours to purchase my first Macbook or Macbook Pro, 13inch, lowest specs. I was wondering if you guys may know of any issues with either one of these machines. I've heard about White Macbooks having palmrest crackign issues and I heard that the new macbookpro have heat issues. I was wondering if these issues are still around, I intend on using this machine for school and personal use(web surfing, IM, videos). Thanks for the input guys.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:apple:

aeboi

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2009
Bay Area
The MBP would feel warmer on your lap since the aluminum acts like a heat sink but it's not an issue if it's placed on a surface.
The MBP's screen is glossier though.

Comment

Inspired

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
The MBP would feel warmer on your lap since the aluminum acts like a heat sink but it's not an issue if it's placed on a surface.
The MBP's screen is glossier though.
thanks for the quick response, is that the "heat issue" I've been reading about regarding the new i5 and i7 intel processors?

Comment

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
thanks for the quick response, is that the "heat issue" I've been reading about regarding the new i5 and i7 intel processors?
All MBPs run hot, not just the iProcessors. It's not really an issue; it's simply a fact.

Comment

Inspired

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
All MBPs run hot, not just the iProcessors. It's not really an issue; it's simply a fact.
I've read they run warmer than the previous MBP, true? or have i misread?
Thanks for responding.

Comment

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.