Any known problems to look out for?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tocyk, Jun 12, 2008.

1. tocyk macrumors member

I just bought my MBP yesterday, and I was wondering if there are things you should always be aware about?

I just read about calibrating the battery, and yellow screens, etc.

I recently downloaded the CocoanutBattery program, and somehow my battery has already dropped to 99%, is that normal after only one day of 4/5 of plugged in usage?

2. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Lithium Ion batteries start to lose their capacity the second they are finished being made.

Don

3. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

Keep an eye on the temp ....download FanControl .

Watch the drive entrance for bowing

Dents in case from drops etc

otherwise , enjoy your new Mac , you lucky thing you :)

4. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

You really don't need Fan Control unless you have one of the older MBPs that ran hot while just surfing the web and listening to music. The new ones run much cooler now and only get really hot when you push them hard.

5. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

I tend to only 'look for' dead/stuck pixels. If there's anything else it will become apparent as you use it, but I wouldn't go searching for problems ;)

6. mperdun macrumors newbie

Make sure you don't use your screen further back than at a 90 degree angle from the base. Apparently the casing has a hard time handling the screen being used back as far as it goes and it gets cracks in the casing and you'll end up like a few of us have with the screen totally falling off the unit.

Its been a good laptop though and holds up pretty well all things considered. I have noticed the power drains fast, so I keep it plugged in when I can.