Any ladies who know about shoes?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ApplePersonFreak, Dec 26, 2016.

1. ApplePersonFreak macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,

I hope there are other ladies on here that can help. Just trying to find some nice, comfortable dress shoes for smaller feet. There has to be some out there, right??

So I have narrow feet and it's very hard to find some comfortable dress shoes for me. I need some comfortable dress shoes for work, however the only dilemma is that with shoes like flats, etc I need a small size (like 3-5) depending on the type of shoe and most dress shoes start at 6. If there are laces to tie, then maybe a 6 would work but I haven't seen many, or haven't been looking in the right place. It's also weird because I fit in a 7 in women's for Nike's and other sneakers, but when it comes to dress shoes I have to go a few sizes smaller.

I currently have a pair of flats that are a size 3. They are OK, but dig into my heels and I just bought an insole today and that just made them super tight up by the toe. Now I ordered a new pair of flats that should be coming tomorrow or Wednesday that are a size bigger so I hope with the insoles they fit comfortably.

I have a lot of outfits that I can wear but finding nice dress shoes that I can wear with them and wear comfortably to work is the hard part. Does anyone have suggestions?

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

How much money are you prepared to pay?

I am female and I wear hardly anything but Church's shoes; superb, beautifully crafted, stylish, comfortable, and they last for ages. Some of my shoes have been bespoke, - and the price reflects that - but they look great and can be worn endlessly once they have been broken in.

3. ApplePersonFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

It depends. Anywhere from $30-60. What kind of shoes do they have? Haven't heard of them before.

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Ah, I see.

Let us say that Church's are quite a bit more expensive than a range that lies between $30-60.

In any case, I have long subscribed to the idea of being prepared to spend money - that is, serious money - on shoes. I want shoes that look exceedingly elegant, - but understated - are very well made, last a good while (by that, I mean, years) and are very comfortable to wear. Such shoes tend to be relatively expensive.