Any lag, memory or beachball with the new Macbooks?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SinaloaParcero, Jun 8, 2017.

1. SinaloaParcero macrumors newbie

I have the first retina mbp and it has been with me for like 5 years now. When I have multiple browsers open with a decent number of tabs it lags up and says not enough memory.

Plan to get a new computer in the near future and I am wondering which to get, Macbook or the MacbookPro.

Mainly use my computer for browsing internet and office type stuff.

2. Treyhunna macrumors regular

Treyhunna

Any pc can lag if pushed hard enough. So Yes U can push it lag. Normal use. No.

3. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

I have the base 2015 MacBook and for what you're doing, mine would handle it with no issue.

4. SinaloaParcero thread starter macrumors newbie

So no lag concerns with newer Macbooks with chrome, explorer, and firefox all open with numerous tabs each and maybe itunes running?

Good to know.

I guess it comes down to price / value then. New Macbook vs MacbookPro.

5. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

It really comes down to what is more important to you, portability or power? It's a super portable laptop. I can fit mine in the same case I carry my iPad around in. It's awesome. However, mine is a secondary machine. With the 2017 models and the fact that I'm in the market for a new computer in the next six to eight months, I'm strongly considering buying a specced out MacBook and using that as my only computer. As I said, I have a base 2015. I can do pretty much anything on it. I do video editing (1080p in FCPX). I do some photography work (Lightroom CC). For the most part, this machine will handle it, though not as fast as my first-gen 15" retina MacBook Pro. There are tradeoffs. But my MBP has been docked on my desk for the last six months and when I need to use a computer away from my desk, I use the MacBook. Or my iPad, honestly.