Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gdourado

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Hello, how are you?
I am thinking about upgrading my 8 Plus this year.
I really don’t care about oled screens or the resolution, so the XR replacement would be ideal.

I do care about camera quality and on my 8 plus I use the 2x zoom lens and portrait mode quite extensively.

So I know the 11 pro phones will have 3 cameras, being a standard, ultra wide angle and a telephoto.

But will the 11 have a standard plus telephoto?
Or will Apple copy the Samsung s10e and offer a standard plus uwa dropping the 2x?

I really hope they don’t remove the telephoto from the 11 as that would be a deal breaker for me.

What are your predictions?
Any leaks on this?

Cheers!

gdourado

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
I'm pretty sure it will be 12 1.5, 12 2.4 and 16 1.9 MP on the promax.

I don’t want and don’t need a UWA lens.
That’s why I have my eye on the 11.
So I don’t end up paying for features I don’t need.
The XR is a great phone, but the single lens for me was a dealbreaker at the time so I got the 8 plus instead.
With the usage I give my 2x zoom, I don’t want to give that up.

Reactions: phillytim

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
I don’t want and don’t need a UWA lens.
That’s why I have my eye on the 11.
So I don’t end up paying for features I don’t need.
The XR is a great phone, but the single lens for me was a dealbreaker at the time so I got the 8 plus instead.
With the usage I give my 2x zoom, I don’t want to give that up.
Every "rumor" site lists the iPhone 11 (the XR replacement) as having two lenses - the original and the telephoto. That is what I am banking on - though I am coming from the XS and also don't want to lose the telephoto lens. Also, supposedly Apple made improvements in other photography aspects - supposedly including low light shots - so hoping those other "improvements" aside from the UWA lens are included in the iPhone 11 also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.