Any leather pouch / belt clip in stores ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by loskickking23, Sep 23, 2012.

1. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

Any suggestions on any leather holsters , Velcro or buttons for the iPhone 5 ? Picking my phone up Tommorow but I have yet to find one of these holsters in a store.. Ebay has plenty but I need one Tommorow

2. doasis23 macrumors regular

doasis23

Can I ask what kind of work do you do? I cant understand why anyone holsters their phone.

3. noteple macrumors 65816

As a temporary fix, look for a holster that would fit an android phone.

I found one at Walmart that is a little too wide as the iPhone is thin.

It will do until more form fitting stuff appears.

4. loskickking23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I do hvac work.... I keep way to much **** in my pockets

5. noteple macrumors 65816

Don't carry a murse.
    Not about to snap, crack, or scratch in pocket.

Lots of stuff hangs off the belt on occasion, sometimes it's also the best place for a phone.

6. Fissure macrumors 6502

I've used a hop case since the first iPhone, I have an i5 now. I've never cracked a screen or really caused any dents or dings on the 3 previous iPhones I have owned. I've always been able to sell my old iPhones for a premium because after 2 years their in MINT condition. For me this is all attributable to the fact that I hook that sucker on my belt when I'm out and about moving around. It's secure there and out of the way without being mashed around in my pockets. It frees up my hands. I've never been one to keep stuff in my pockets anyway. Is it nerdy, maybe, but that doesn't bother me.

7. loskickking23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

This will be my 6th iPhone I used a holster with... Havnt had any accidents carrying my phone this way.. No drops , scratches or anything.. And that's with my phone being naked..Nobody can see it anyway , my shirts or jackets cover it..

8. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

I found a couple horizontal holster cases today, a Moki Casi at Target for $15.. Fits side to side, but pretty loose front to back.
    Then at Walmart I found a Case Logic for $18 that fits perfectly. CL1605DHR

9. CatsTide macrumors 6502

yeah i just picked up the target case you mentioned. works pretty good. could you post a link for the walmart case logic?

10. Fissure macrumors 6502

Is the it?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Case-Logic-Genuine-Leather-Horizontal-Large-Smartphone-Pouch/20976780

11. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

12. CatsTide macrumors 6502

nice....I'll pick that one up tomorrow and see which one I like the best.

13. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

We have our phones in the Poetic Atmosphere cases too... It's a very minimal case, and still fits very nice in the CL... I'll be looking for one for myself tomorrow... Snagged the only one they had at my local Wally World.

14. loskickking23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow !!! Looks perfect.... I'm going to try and grab that one from Walmart in the morning.. It's dead on what I'm looking for .. Thanks

15. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

I like the idea of a leather pouch, but is too much of a pain to be contantly taking it in and out. I swear i get a text every 5 minutes.

16. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

I just tried it out on my work belt, it's more for a man I think.
    The holster clip doesn't swivel. It's a really nice case if you can live without the swivel. Or don't have to much of a curve at the waist.
    I'm gonna be finding a vertical case for myself.
    I drive for FedEx... I've found the holster quite useful while at work. My last one from eBay fell apart, and I've designated the side pocket on my pants for my 3GS ever since. I'm not really liking the idea of my nice new phone floating in my pocket.

17. Fissure macrumors 6502

I just picked up that Case Logic pouch at Walmart. FYI, it's a very large pouch but it works perfectly as I'm using an Incipio Dual Pro case to wrap around my iPhone 5. The Dual Pro slides right in, plenty of room but not too loose either.

It's not the best looking pouch but I plan on going with a different case and nicer pouch when the ones I am eyeing are released.

18. loskickking23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

What do you guys think about using the same one I'm using for my 4s ? It's a tiny bit big for my 4's... Is the 5 much longer than the 4s ?