Any Leather Pouch With Top Protection.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Pug72, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Pug72 macrumors 6502a

Pug72

Started to use and appreciate my iPhone 6 naked and would like it to live in a leather pouch when not using.
    Nearly all I've seen are undesired open topped (usually with a pull tab, don't like those).

Hard Graft do a fantastic one which looks just the job, but I won't buy it on principle at £150 delivered!

Anyone know of similar but cheaper options?

Thanks.

2. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

...that looks like a nice pouch apart from 2 things:

1 - obviously, the price. At £150 - thats a total ripp off!!:eek::eek:
    2 - How would you even hear your phone ringing in a case like that (the phone goes in and you close the flap with the fasteners. There are no speaker holes at the bottom)?

3. minicard macrumors regular

minicard

4. Pug72 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pug72

Would like a bit more top protection than that. ;)

Thanks though.

5. Volcano22 macrumors member

The hard graft ones look amazing. Any idea if they'll fit the iPhone 6 in an apple silicone case?

6. Pug72 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pug72

Went with this one in the end.

Still open but the pull tab acts as a magnetic clasp for a bit of top protection.
    Will post my thoughts on it when it comes tomorrow.

7. Pug72 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pug72

First impression is that it's rather tight!

Managed to stretch it a little but needs to stretch a bit more before I'm happy with it.

Will see how it goes with a few days use.

Why is that Hard Graft pouch so expensive! Would be perfect.

8. meistervu, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014

meistervu macrumors 65816

I posted this before I realized I missed the part about top protection. I was going to delete this post, but decided to leave it just in case someone find it useful. In case you are interested and really want top protection, you can email them. In the past they have been very accommodating. I recalled people asking them to make the pouch a bit larger to accommodate a phone in a specific case.

I have this Atelier Pall for a week now. I love it.

[​IMG]

I used the ip5 version for 2 years (brown/burgundy color) and love it. Still have it and it looks as good or better than new.

I wrote an extensive review for that one 2 years ago. I may do one for this version later in the week. Just like the ip5 version, this wallet can accommodate cards and cash. The difference between the two is that iP6 version is just a little wider but not by much due to the thinness of the iP6 compared to the 5, but it is a bit taller. The thing is comfortable in my pocket. One bonus point is that now I can fold $ bills in half and they fit as in the photo above. With the old one I would fold the bill in third. This make for a flatter wallet.

9. fultonjt macrumors regular

fultonjt

I'm very interested in this case. Any pics of yours with the 6 in it?

10. meistervu macrumors 65816

I will post a review with photos later this week when I have a break.

11. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

....ahh me old mate meistervu, with the famous Atelier Pall wallets!

I remember reading your extensive reviews for the iPhone 5 version of the Atelier Pall so I would be VERY interested in seeing your review + pics, for the iPhone 6 one! ;)

12. meistervu macrumors 65816

My old pal DINO. I got a black leather one this time and it came in 2 weeks to the US from Bulgaria. They changed the way the leather was cut to eliminate some stitches and half the number of rivets which makes a slimmer wallet, an improvement in my opinion.

I am in the middle of a work project but as soon as I have a break I will do a review.

13. fultonjt macrumors regular

fultonjt

I'm still dying to see this thing in action with an iPhone 6.

14. saberz macrumors regular

I'm at an impasse. I want the Hard Graft Mighty Fold Wallet but am concerned about the size/bulk along with price. I appreciate the input on the Atelier piece and it looks good.

Do you feel it can hold like 4 cards and a good mix of cash? Is it bulky in the pocket?

I came from a Tuch case for my iPhone 4 which i loved and haven't found anything like it. Only now I need a bit more capacity!

15. saberz macrumors regular

After much debate and not wanting to spend close to $200 on the hard graft, I ordered a Atelier Pall sleeve wallet.

16. meistervu macrumors 65816

I added an Atelier Pall wallet review here. I didn't want to hijack this thread.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=20507345#post20507345

I went for the black rather than ox blood (burgundy) this time. When I first received the it I thought should have ordered ox blood color as before because the black was a bit shiny. After a week I the leather breaks in a bit and now I love it. I am sure it will look even better with more time.

17. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl