any legit way to downgrade?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dark-saito, Jul 17, 2008.

1. dark-saito macrumors regular

I Dont like how 2.0 is affecting the fluidity of my iPod and messing with how far the signal reaches :/ I want to go back to 1.1.5 but I don't want to do so at the expense of the waranty because knowing my luck it'll spontaneously combust the second I jailbreak it or anything of the sort. Thanks in advance

2. opivy1218 macrumors member

I don't get what you mean by "legit". Downgrading is pretty easy. Go to the hacks forum I believe, and stickied is a thread with a link to older firmwares. Download anyone you want, maybe 1.1.4 would work best, then go to iTunes, shift-click (or crtl-click on OS X), select the firmware you downloaded, and then iTunes will downgrade your ipod. This will delete all of your music and movies though I think, so back that up if you don't have it all on your computer.

3. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Just as an add-on, if you're a mac-user, it's option-click.

4. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

To legit, to legit to quit.... Sorry had to.

Couldn't you just restore it, and delete the upgrade from your computer? Or restore it from someone who doesn't have it upgraded?

5. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Downgrading is always legit. You can download a previous version of the firmware from Apple directly and restore your iPod to it using the method described above.

jW

6. xhArRiSoNxD macrumors regular

Can you post a link to where the firmware is because I can't find it.
    So it really is that easy to downgrade?
    And we say legit because on the psp when you Downgrade you void the warranty.