Any Lightning port covers out there?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PhaserFuzz, Sep 20, 2014.

1. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

I work in a dusty environment, and dust really messes up the lightning port after awhile. I try to use canned air to spray it out regularly, but after awhile it still stops charging correctly. I'm wondering if theres a small port cover out there I can buy that fits in the slot and isn't too noticeable? I realize this would be a stupidly small piece of plastic that would probably be way overpriced.. but I need something. I would take it in and out after charging.

I have an iPhone 6 with the Apple black leather case FYI. I went through many iPhone 5's because of this issue. Just trying to avoid it altogether with this phone. Thanks for any help!

2. Candurin macrumors regular

3. Dubberton macrumors regular

I think a DYI project would be best here, since you already have a case. You could attach a small velcro cover with super glue or something. Not glamorous for a leather case, but it would get the job done. My other suggestion would be to find a cheap case that has a plug for any lightning iPhone/iPod, and then cut it out. That would probably be your cheapest option if you found one at a dollar store.