Any local stores where you get the iPhone cheaper than the Apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DevilInDisguise, Dec 11, 2013.

1. DevilInDisguise macrumors member

Hi,

One of my friends unlce had been to the US and he bought three iPhone 5 (off contract & unlocked) last year from a local store (Not Apple, best buy, walmart, target or such) where he got the iPhones approx $100 cheaper then the regular price of $650 plus tax.

What I'd like to know is, are there such local stores that sell iPhones relatively much cheaper than the usual apple price? If yes, are they ok to purchase from, like would the phones be new, not blacklisted, not stolen, etc) ?

I ask because id like to buy the iPhone 5S and was wondering if i could get a cheaper off contract price than the regular apple price of $650+tax

Thanks!

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Yup, the same stores.

Sometimes though they don't advertise it on the web, you only see them when they print the local flyers.

So if you are lucky, and your body man is at the State side at the right time, BOOM!

If he can be in Las Vegas, Portland, Texas, Florida, Seattle, NO (up to 10%) TAX.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I think the OP was meaning stores OTHER than BestBuy, Walmart, Target, etc.

OP, I don't know. Just one piece of advice if you DO find a store/seller of the kind you are looking for…if the "unlocked" off contract phone they are offering you is a Sprint model run, do not walk, AWAY from the transaction!

These have a tendency to be priced less because people who got burned by Sprint's unlock policy after the fact simply want to get rid of them and recoup as much money as they can. Once the sale is done, the problem is yours.

4. DevilInDisguise thread starter macrumors member

cool another thing.

I heard that the T-mobile iPhones are unlocked as well. Is that true?

So i can either buy the T-mobile one or the Unlocked one for unlock use, am i right?

5. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

Walmart has a $27 5c and a $127 5s sale starting soon on contract - not sure about off contract prices