Any Los Angeles Verizon & Sprint Users have service views?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fnbdave, Oct 15, 2011.

1. fnbdave macrumors newbie

Holding off until I hear some real life reviews on data speeds and voice service in the LA area for both Verizon and sprint.

Please share your thoughts here on either. Thanks

2. mds macrumors 6502

Been good for me so far. Speed test is giving me 900kbps-1100kbps here in Eagle Rock (NE LA near Glendale/Silverlake). I was using Siri on 3G and it was super quick.

3. Daniel L macrumors 6502

I'm over in Pasadena/Arcadia. After selling my iPhone 4, I was using a Blackberry 9300. The new 4S isn't able to match the voice quality/reception of the Blackberry but the internet browsing experience is much better.

4. Qisma macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I live in Orange County. Signed up with Sprint. Have been running test speeds all of last night. It varies from .48 Mbps to 1.8 mbps down and .6 up. Where I could see a difference was in app downloads and HD video streaming. I watched a few videos, several over wifi and several over the network. When on the network, it was stuttering and would stop a few times so the video could keep downloading. Annoying. But I was also watching HD so that might've been too much. YouTube seemed fine. As for call quality, my bf called me last night and no dropped calls or lowered quality. In fact I could hear him more clearly than before. Web browsing is fine, didn't notice too much of a difference there, if anything I think it's fast. But I'm coming in as a former EDGE user so anything seems pretty fast to me lol.

5. fnbdave thread starter macrumors newbie

Which services are Daniel and mds using? Sprint or Verizon?

For me AT&T is not an option so I want to see whether I go Verizon or sprint.