Any Luck AT&T iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by erikg619, Mar 17, 2011.

1. erikg619 macrumors newbie

So since the launch i have been on the hunt for a Att iPad 2 but nowhere has seem to have gotten any!:confused: Has this been the same news for everyone else? I am in Southern California

2. mayhone1 macrumors regular

Were all having this issue, trust me...:(

3. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

I lucked out and snagged one on launch day. One of only 4. According to the rep apple sent very few 3G's out

4. bidwalj macrumors 65816

I think the AT&T ones are the most short. On launch day I was number 30 and even then by my turn they were almost out. I got mines kyckly and this was at the palo alto apple store

5. erikg619 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I wonder why.. Maybe heavy online orders?

6. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Either there's some manufacturing snafu of the GSM models, or they're holding them for the international launch.

Most of the local AT&T stores got zip, and the Apple Retail stores got 10-15 total units (per color, across all 3 storage sizes).

7. GravityEyes macrumors regular

GravityEyes

8. Virtute macrumors member

The AT&T iPads are the same ones that are going to be sold internationally, as everywhere else in the world GSM networks are used for 3G, as opposed to Verizon's CDMA network.

As such, I believe that Apple is largely diverting AT&T shipments for their international release next week, and letting the US get by on primarily Verizon units.

9. mhinrichs macrumors newbie

Found several at LA Area Targets (Black and White 64GB ATT) and got myself a black one.
    My Verzion 32GB sold today via Craigslist to a happy buyer for very little markup. Saved him and me a lot of hassle going to the Apple Store and the unit didn't end up being wasted in the refurb bin.

I used the Target inventory checker and besides every Target employee saying that they are out the ipads were in the stock room. Ended up buying 3 in total over 2 days for me and friends.

10. djmodifyd macrumors regular

I purchased my 32 gig AT&T at target, and they had maybe 3 left after I bought mine. Although they had just got them in, I had been looking all week everywhere.

11. erikg619 thread starter macrumors newbie

Was this yesterday? Also what time did you check because i can't seem to find any..:confused:

12. HasanDaddy macrumors 6502a

I nabbed a 64 gig ATT iPad 2 (Black) at Fashion Island in Newport Beach a few days ago

I think they only had 4 ATT iPads show up that day - all black, all 64 gig

I'm happy, as it was EXACTLY what I wanted (God loves me!) but yes - there's not many out there, at all

13. Macuser1066 macrumors member

None available in SE Michigan since launch. Broke down and ordered online last night. If I find one I'll cancel my online order. 4-5 weeks on line

14. kash04 macrumors newbie

kash04

is mine the onlyone with a hard date? it says april 11

15. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

Man, after cruising the forums the last few days, it seems like there's an extreme shortage of AT&T models across the board. AT&T models ordered from Apple are the last to ship, Apple stores are getting few or none of these models, and it's rare that Target or Best Buy are getting them.

Please post below if anyone is finding AT&T models out there. I've got orders in with Apple and B&H and just want to get an idea what my odds are of getting one before the Japan issue stalls production (I believe it will).

16. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Mine ordered Monday, March 14th at 9AM has a April 19th date. :(:confused::eek::mad: